Friday, August 17, 2018

the good old boys' club

I'm sitting here with a prayer angel in my pocket eatin' absolutely delicious leftover fried veggies....cold with ranch.  My day didn't turn out as planned but that's okay.  At least everybody is safe.  At the center of today's angst is something that I will not speak about but it concerns me.  Like...a lot.  And on a lot of different levels.  But I digress.

Hot'n'humid and tall grass.  I asked Ryan to skip the next mowing since I owe him for my firstborn child.  I have some assignments to do in the next couple of weeks and I'm an on the go kind of research girl.  If that chick can get followers putting on makeup in a car, I can write a damn article or two.  Who cares if I get paid.  I'll be a published author beyond Blogger.  

Thank you sweetbabyjeebus that parade got cancelled.  I mean gah.  I depend on SS to live every month and they want to cut that and throw an egofest?  I have no words.  Except, thank you David Petraeus for stepping up. Finally.

I'm still mourning Aretha and listening to the music over and over again.  The cool thing about all of it is that's it's recorded and those songs will never go away until we get nuked.  Fake news is probably in the dictionary by now filed under Donald J Trump.  What a legacy!

As for me I'll keep watching Colbert and the makeup in the car lady for fun.  Because in the end?  That's what's up.  ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment