Sunday, August 19, 2018

mama bear

More than one wise woman has said to me "a mother is only as happy as her unhappiest child."  If you are not a mother, you really can't grasp that concept to the full extent.  When your child hurts, you hurt as well even when they're adults.  We do what we can to try and "fix" it but ultimately it's a process of growth and development.  As mothers we have lived through what you are struggling with now.  Did we do it perfectly?  Of course not.  But with each mistake, we learned.  

I think maybe (fingers crossed) I've turned the corner with this demon upper respiratory infection.  Not 100% mind you, but not coughing all the time and feeling like crap.  Thank you Lord.  I read an interesting piece today on why doctors are leaving medicine as a career and it really applies to all healthcare practitioners.  I have personally watched the system go to hell in a handbasket since I started as a young MT.  The red tape, insurance, even the electronic medical record are all culprits.  Practitioners are overworked because people are leaving the field.  The ones who really got into it to "help people" get burned out quickly jumping through corporate hoops.  Meanwhile, we the patients get the raw end of the deal.  

My friend recently had triple by-pass surgery and needed inpatient rehab.  His insurance company denied it.  Do what????  He's better off at home than being institutionalized anyway and young enough to do it outpatient.  What about those who are not or who have no caregiver to help?  Unless he wins the appeal with Aetna he will be stuck paying out of pocket for the rehab that was recommended for him post op.  BTW, Aetna and Cigna are the world's worst at this kind of crap.  

Meanwhile, Rome burns.  The parade was cancelled thank goodness.  Even the VFW was opposed to all the pomp and pageantry.  Even though you are POTUS, Mr. Trump, it's not about you but about the citizens of this country who are affected by every move you make.  And then Putin goes and dances at an Austrian official's wedding.  Watch your back folks.  

I suppose I've rambled on enough for today.  I still believe that God is good.  All the time.  And I still believe that justice prevails.  I may not be alive to see it when it happens, but I know in my heart it is real.  Just hold that thought when times get tough.  

And keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment