Saturday, August 4, 2018

oldies but goodies

I slept late and showed up at the Little General's house just as their bunch was finishing lunch.  Her son and his two kids were there.  I hugged JT and met the kidlets and Sharry gave me some clothes for Reaves.  Then we headed on over to Halls proper to visit our old road dog Ro.  It was a nice visit that included german chocolate cake and some drop in friends who were delighted to meet us.  They got cake too :)  We went back to Birch Bend and I went in to tell the family goodbye.  Lord knows when we'll ever see each other again.  

It was essential that I stop at the 'gentral on the way home so I got what I needed and loaded it up in the heat.  Over at the gas station I had to ask a guy to get ice out for me because it was all stuck together.  Turned out to be Scotty Nash!  Small world.  

When I got home I found out that there was an armed robbery in town today with shots fired.  The suspects were three on one little store owner but by golly he had his own gun and shot back.  He and one of the suspects are hospitalized.  Two are, I assume, still on the run in red shirts.  Sadly, this is the norm.  I wouldn't run a convenience store for any amount of money because of the robbery danger.  It's happened at a lot of them around here.  

Happy thoughts.  Blessings. Gratitude.  


No comments:

Post a Comment