Friday, August 24, 2018

neverland

I'm here to tell you right now that this being a grown up is not fun.  With aging come obstacles that are often more difficult to overcome than when we were all young and dewy eyed.  Many of us, myself included, spent our entire careers working for the man which is usually a corporation.  If you are fortunate to work for one that truly cares for its' employees feel blessed.  At one time I did but that went away over time and acquisition.  

I totally enjoyed hearing about the history of Buff City Soap Company which is about to open a store here in Dyersburg.  Chris Donaldson expertly interviewed both the founder of the company and the owner of the Dyersburg store to be, exploring in depth how the founder literally began the business in his garage.  The products are all natural and organic.  There was a pop up shop in the lobby where I could have spent the rent money if I'd had it on me.  Thank goodness I didn't!  

So, the house of cards continue to fall.  The country is in all out revolt mode and Lord only knows what's next.  I'm not go into all the Trump bashing because I don't roll like that.  I will say that I believe it to be possibly unconstitutional for a POTUS under active investigation for multiple charges to have the freedom to appoint a Supreme Court justice.  That can wait until the dust settles.  

I'm digging like a demon for contacts and story leads.  Actually it's a good way to meet new people and get to know the ones who are my friends on a deeper level.  I'm enjoying that part of it.  My cool ass neighbors delivered a late dinner of steak with the trimmings last night.  After snacking on cheese cubes and dip at a meet'n'greet that was a welcome end to the day.  Plus Patrick and I like to talk.  

I was up 'til after midnight and out until 11AM today.  Worn out.  My next goal is to get the house clean and keep it that way.  I'm sort of like the kids who drops everything wherever I am and goes back to do recon on the whole mess.  Must.Get.Organized.  I'm manifesting that for myself with a sage burn.  

Y'all stay happy and healthy and look for the upside.  It's there somewhere, you just can't always see it at the time.

Justice ~

No comments:

Post a Comment