Thursday, August 30, 2018

court square

I have lived here all my life and just now figured out where the one entrance is to the courthouse.  The other three are exit only and if you don't know where to go it's a hike.  I went back to take some pictures to go with an interview I did the other day with the lovely ladies at the assessor's office.  There were some folks getting married with all their kids present right there in the lobby.  Small town glory.  They were all dressed to the nines and happy as could be.  

We did, indeed, catch a shower yesterday.  It was just enough to bump the humidity up to window sweatin' level.  My grass has gone to seed and the last cut will be next week.  Wanted to wait for the little rain spurt growth.  Mayberry is so good to me just like propane guy.  His tank is currently covered in autumn clematis.  

I went to the cabin today to make sure my windows are still there.  If I know community watch nobody would go NEAR that house.   There were no snakes visible and the yard was freshly mowed.  It's totally different, yet the same.  Know what I mean?  It's home.  I could kick myself for not salvaging the windows at the Bizzle house.  All we did was scrap it.  There was an old barn and pond next to it where the cattle did their thing.  Daddy tried to raise chickens in that barn but the snakes kept getting them.

The ponds were all filled over a two year period after the cattle sold.  I grew up with cows everywhere and I miss the mooing.  We never had pigs, but Son and Miss Lockie did right across the road.  The first time I saw a chicken get his neck hacked was over there.  I helped collect the eggs as a kid and played with his grandkids in the Forked Deer backwater.  Times were simpler then.

So, anywho. Still no news.  I save it until later in the day so as not to start the morning with a media hangover.  And OMG...i just remembered.  Colbert is offa' vacay!  Praise be.








No comments:

Post a Comment