Saturday, January 20, 2018

sweet dreams

I woke up this morning halfway expecting Reaves and Lauren to be in my bed.  They visited for a short while last night and we played until Reaves got fussy because it was already past her bedtime so she and I laid down and cuddled in the dark after Lauren did the butt whacking magic.  For a short while we were entwined, the three of us, just enjoying the snuggles with each of us holding on to the other.  It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.  

I have tried most everything for pain so I followed the suggestion of my friend Kathy and went on a mission to find Aspercreme with Lidocaine.  60 bucks later I left Walgreen.  I am a lazy shopper and that place is ONE stop buys all.  Said lidocaine has been applied and I'm waiting for it to kick in.  So far....nada.  

I ran across my Bernie hoodie from 2016 and promptly made it my new uniform in honor of the government shutdown.  I blame neither party but the Congress as a whole.  From what I understand Schumer made a valiant effort to cross the aisle and was rebuked and then BLAMED by Trump for the shutdown.  Bullshit, Mr. POTUS.  He even brought your precious wall to the table.  

So, here we sit just like in 2013.  This is not an Obama thing or a Trump thing but a failure of elected Congressional representatives to put their own interests to the side, stop gerrymandering and focus on what is best for the citizens of this country.  Like that will ever happen.

Anywho, that's my rant o' the day.  If you have yet to experience the hilarity that is Disjointed on Netflix, please indulge yourself.   Sam has knocked every single book out of the recliner to make his nest in here with me.  He is such a mama's boy. Warmer weather is here.  Enjoy not having to scrape ice and snow for awhile!!!

My friend Carol called and we talked and cried and talked some more....2 hours worth.  Good for the soul if you know what I mean.  Right now, I have the luxury to relive my life through that kind of chat.  She's tried out a drumming class and will share links to me about the tribal therapy. Lord knows I need it for clarity.

Namaste ~

No comments:

Post a Comment