Tuesday, January 2, 2018

frozen backwater

I love watching the ice left behind as the water recedes.  That being said, I don't like the cold that goes along with it.  I just got propane about 6 weeks ago so it didn't really dawn on me that that I might be close to out.  I checked it the other day and "thought" it looked like enough.  That was before the temps went spiraling downward and stayed there.  When I woke up it was 3 degrees outside and 43 in the house.  Just to make sure it was really empty, I drug myself out there at dawn with a lantern and sure enough.....zero.  That's when I started repeat calling propane guy until he got to the shop.  They delivered by 9 and when I got back from my therapy appointment the house was toasty again.  Thanks Butch!

Thanks also to all y'all who offered shelter.  I will definitely keep a closer eye on the situation.  I have enough garbage waiting to go to the road that it will take two pickups to get it all.  But hey...whaddya do when you're incapacitated.  In my case, you let it pile up and wait for warmer weather.

Stay warm kids.  It's brutal out there ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment