Thursday, January 18, 2018

levels of spirituality

My friend came by today and we had our usual psychotherapy session with me using life experience and talking honest to the guy about God.   He mentioned that at a certain point in someone's journey, they will stop saying "look at what I've done" and give the glory to the one who delivers grace and peace.  To be openly led by this kind of gratitude is freedom from control.  

I began to sense that something was wrong in my life when I was about 32, hormonal as hell and confused as a bat.  I spent two years with a woman who cracked the whip so hard on me it hurt.  She taught me to grow up, separate myself from who others expect me to be and take no crap, all with a side of Christianity.  She was a minister as well.  She pissed me off just enough to send me on my way in life.  Haven't heard from her since.  

And that's okay.  She did her job with me as a therapist and minister.  Life is full of those situations where the interaction is brief and intense but leaves lasting impressions.  I am weary today, tired of the chronic pain and drip of faucets.  My hunt and gather mission was to Four Points where the gentral' resides.  I stopped by Gigi's to pick up some papers and found her on the phone drinking coffee.  Diane now sits in an urn on the coffee table with plenty of room left for the rest of the family!  Sanford Stew.

I refuse to give up and not believe that good things are everywhere.  They just don't get a lot of media attention which is a shame.  Steve Hartman is an excellent example of a good news reporter.  There are plenty of others.

Peace ~

No comments:

Post a Comment