Saturday, January 27, 2018

puppy dog tales

My dogs love getting hand outs and leftovers like most critters.  The other day I had the oven pre-heated for one of those dolla' Totino's and had the pizza out of the wrapper laying on the kitchen table.  IN the middle of the table.  When I heard the pre-heat beep I headed back to slip it in the oven and umm.  Where did I put that pizza?  At first I thought I was losing it and had put it back in the freezer or something but it was nowhere to be found.  By the power of elimination I surmised that Sam had snatched it off the table and downed the whole thing while I was in the other room.  Bad dog!!

Both dogs and Lily adore Lauren and Reaves so we spent quality time in a huddle on my bed during their visit last night.  They all gave Reaves sugars and I got to see her eat cereal for the 2nd time.  Once again, it was past her bedtime so I'm sure she slept all the way to Jackson.  Our visits are short and sweet and full of love.  We may get to have a sleepover next week if the planets line up just right.  

It's a total rainy day here on the hill yet I woke up around 8 as usual and headed to the chicken/gas/lottery store and found myself behind some high maintenance young man who kept adding things like scratch offs while I waited patiently in line.  Before I even left the store he was back at lottery so I assume he won.

My neighbor Bev brought a seafood boil combo plate from their feast last night and Lauren and I devoured that too, even after wings and pizza.  She got a glimpse of Reaves in the dark which was her first.  I bet Mia will love dat baby too.  

In somebody's famous words "what we have here is a failure to communicate." In a nutshell, that's what's wrong with the world IMHO.  Everybody wants to be right and there is very little attempt to compromise.  That's out of my hands and in God's.  I do feel more optimistic than ever that the hard right is on the way out so there's that.  Looking at the glass half full here.

Don't forget your umbrella ~

No comments:

Post a Comment