Wednesday, June 5, 2013

*knock knock*

I finally got solvent enough to pay the internet people and stop trying to see and write by teeny tiny cell phone and slightly larger pad. Reading glasses are a must for either as well as for work. My failing eyesight will require some "real glasses" soon. Also on the $ list was the county courthouse for tag renewal where I may or may not have jury duty tomorrow depending on if the attorneys and judge work it out. Heh. I've been writing every day for the past week or two knowing that it would be awhile before anybody saw the words but that made them even more special. No expectations, if you will. I'm headed to Gates tomorrow if I'm not in the jury box. Dude will flip when I show up with cash! The economy continues to crush people by the millions and as far as I can tell Congress is still playing with their collective sex organs while we wither on the vine. Currently I'm jamming to AC/DC thanks to my dear friend Gregg who's gonna probably give me win me some Eagles tickets since I was stupid enough to pass them up in St. Louis that one time. Oh, and James Taylor TWICE. Yeah, I know. Gregg and his Baby Duck go cruising twice a year which is something I haven't the least interest in because that's how disease spreads, ya know? I always remember the Titanic.

I saw a co-worker today in passing who reminds me of this brilliant new comedic talent I enjoyed in "Lay the Favorite". Still don't know her name, but that gal played the HELL outta' the part. That's what people need right now instead of comfort food and entitlements. Most of them just need a good belly laugh or somebody with a good ear for listening. We're still not ready for TV yet and are mulling options. My friend and also co-worker had a little surgery yesterday so we're all praying for a good report for her because face it...everybody needs some happy news!

My parents are in a surprisingly happy place themselves now that BG has a job and is cutting back on those hours up in their faces. Gotta save money, you know? I mean dang...at 80 they might need it. House of cards, ya'll. House of cards. Sometime during the big killer SARS like gastroenteritis episode I noticed that my body was reacting to a powerful agent, and one that can not really be controlled other than through universal precautions and a diligent cleaning schedule. Which is certainly not what's been happening around OUR house lately. Hey. A girl's gotta rest sometime or another. Two litters in one year born inside is a microbiologist's nightmare.We buy bleach by the gallon and use it copiously on the 10K floors that I hear about all the damn time. The funny thing is..I never even asked for it.

I'm tired and I know everybody else is too. A friend's family is mourning the death of a second grandchild in less than a year and it's just sometimes too much to wrap your brain around. You can get caught up in the sadness of the world and all the drama that surrounds every little ache and pain or you can choose to help someone else in pain without a second thought about what's in it for you. Sometimes that where self healing comes from. See: BG and social work. Janie and hospice. Mama and funeral food.

Tickled to be here ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment