Tuesday, June 11, 2013

towanda, my ass

Whew...it's already 90ish and humid as a you know what. My yard desperately needed mowing a bushhog so I stopped by and picked the mower up yesterday and started on it late in the day when it was cooler. After sleeping in I went to get gas and a 50 pound bag of dog food which I drug up the back steps like I was on my last breath. Then I proceeded to tackle the rest of the pigweed and orchard grass. OH.MY.LORD. it's hot already, did I mention that? For the first time in a long time I'm dripping wet from sweat and very curious about the men's underwear I found out front when I passed by on the mower. WTF? With my luck it's some peeping tom kinda creep who left his drawers on the way out. Our little "enclave" doesn't have much traffic so we know when somebody comes or goes most times.

BG's latest job is a wash and we don't really know why except that corporate said no to having one employee outside of the Hindu family that runs the place and never gets a break. I think that's pretty shitty myself but I guess that's our country at work. Little black cloud. Mom and daddy are doing well I suppose because there have been no ambulance calls lately or frantic communication from Ms. Faye. I'll take it. When I was driving the mower back over I got an upclose and personal view of what wheat looks like immediately prior to harvest. There are magnolia trees over there so I picked what I could reach and admired the rest. From that vantage point high atop the hill you can see backwater to the left turning into green fields of freshly planted corn. From that angle, the symmetry of the rows is beautiful. The irrigation system is standing by, waiting for the time it will spring into action to increase the yield on the wheat beans. If Big Ernie doesn't send rain, you make your own.

I'm still avoiding MSM because it's gotten to the point of paranoia and whatnot so I'd rather be oblivious. If I hear one more tight ass Republican put God's name on something that is THEIR personal philosophy I think I'll occupy them. I've got news for ya'll....He loves us all and we don't try to use him to get our way except when it comes to feeding the poor and and helping the sick. I am not a "flaming liberal" as you love to call anyone who doesn't agree with you. I'm a fiscally conservative independent voter who is not happy with what's up in Washington and how it affects my life personally. These people make the entire process of voting for representation a joke because of the power struggle between the two parties. Why are there only two one might ask? The way I see it it's kind of like which sports team you support. Everybody had an alma mater. My parents both attended the UTMB during the 50s and BG graduated there fifty years later. My degree came from the Memphis school where my third cousin (another brotha' I suppose) is a dental student. They're on a mission trip to Ecuador and set up a clinic in like one day. This? It's what healthcare is all about. I have been a Doctors Without Borders fan for years. The health of the world is a global concern and there's no guarantees that what is just a minor bump in the road now is a major obstacle to other people in the midst of civil war conditions.

Anyway, my friend Vick is having a rough patch of luck with her broken wrist and I wish I could just drop everything and take care of her. This woman has the biggest heart of anybody I've ever seen with just a hint of mischief in her twinkling eyes.
We went to the beach together when BG graduated and she was greatly alarmed that I drank vodka and cranberry at noon on vacation. We've known each other since our girls were about six and in the same class at school. There has been plenty of partying done on that hill toward Roellen and always in a loving happy sort of way. Horse shoes, fireworks and now a pool. It's a new generation up in there and that makes me happy.

Well, the dogs are all laid up on the laminate coolness like dinner on the grounds and oblivious to anything but sleep. Life is good ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment