Friday, June 21, 2013

nowhere but up

I find myself today on the upswing of a week that I wasn't sure would ever be over in terms of angst, self doubt and blazing heat. It's not really blazing but for a fragile southern flower like myself *ahem* anything above 85 is shall we say "uncomfortable" and puts me in mind of sweet tea and debutante balls. Monday's ugly cry was the beginning and I've been on autopilot since then, regrouping and working on plan C whatever that is. Whatever it turns out to be I'm sure it will be temporary. Adaptability to change is a key ingredient for long term contentment and my life's just FULL of it right now. Simplicity seems to be my answer because I'm so ADHD that everything gets scattered and the fewer "things" there are the better I do. I'm more the idea gal and team player who watches the talent and figures out who can contribute what to the goal. Don't make me implement it, please. That's where your OCD peeps come in right handy. They can organize and implement to high heaven where I'd be looking for the door after 5 minutes of that crap. Organization, to a degree, can be a learned skill but I will always believe that there are some who just can't keep the ball rolling. Like me.

Mr. Oscar Bruce was the principal at Alice Thurmond elementary school and also a very close friend of our family. His wife Peg was a librarian and English teacher and their son Tim and I were of the same age and hippie ways. He told my parents that my IQ was one of the highest that he had ever seen in his years of teaching and that every time he walked down the hall and peeked in on me I was looking out the window..which is true! My great granny Ethel lived down the hill from the playground and I went there for lunch a lot. Memama lived across the street from her so we were covered up with after school places to land. My aunt bought the house for daddy's parents to live in and when it was sold she had a yard sale and didn't even tell us about it. Another aunt went by and grabbed us up a few things to remember her by. Some people.

Anyway, it's beer thirty and I'm off the weekend with plenty of movies and a fairly new central unit and new shampoo. That's about as close to heaven as it gets here on this hill. Well, maybe the floors could be a little cleaner, but that can wait.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment