Wednesday, June 12, 2013

dog days

By the traditional calendar it's still spring which means it's not too late to plant 'maters but not much else unless you intend to water five times a day. All four of my doggies are laid our on the floor again and I can seriously say I know how they feel. Somebody please remind me how much I bitched about the not so cold winter of 12/13 with only electric oil heaters and those kind that might burn your shit up in a heartbeat if you drop a towel on it. That can only mean one thing...that TVA will become richer this summer on my dime. Their surcharge on my local electric bill is a travesty but I refuse to sweat any more than necessary being the delicate flower of the south that I am. Sweet tea and debutante balls? Bring it on!

Something really freaky happened lately that seemed the normal kind of karma for those who believe in faith and the journey. I met Chuck and Julie through my friend Drew and a couple of others. Joe maybe? Anyways, when my friend Lisa was home to help her mom downsize to a condo I mentioned to her about the movie Winning Dad and his involvement with it. Washington is a big state but I think they're pretty close and on the same track. We were hippies together back in the day and had sleepovers at the former Plaza motel in south Dyersburg when her house burned. About fifteen I reckon. I know her family and she knows mine and we're all in this thing together whatever it is. Mostly I think it's the world turning without us. A couple of people have asked me lately if I was thinking about offing myself and that kind of registered on the radar. Honestly? I've never even considered it as long as I'm able to care for myself or have somebody else do it. Having faith is believing in advocacy for those who can't fend for themselves. It's what J would do.

Peace out ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment