Friday, June 28, 2013

pecan lane pickers

Due to extreme brokeness an entire week away from when the eagle shits flies I am currently selling what isn't nailed down including quite a few antiques.It's all part of the downsizing that began umm..some years ago. The house still looks like an indoor flea market which it is I suppose. I'm selling the bigger pieces online and keeping the rest for a yard sale in the fall. Even in the hole, my body couldn't stand sitting in this heat for hours hawking t-shirts. I'm pack rat from way back when and as each family event happened I've picked up a piece or two of good quality furniture intending to "refurb" which never happened because I'm lazy like that. At this point it's what do I really want to pass onto BG? She tried to get me to come off of the buffet that I got from mama but no ma'am. Not happening. certain pieces are the holy grail and will be hers someday. As for now, we need groceries.

My assignment today was to meet up with mom and her g'friends for a group picture before they go to lunch. There was more traffic up in that house than there's been in YEARS and they all gave me big hugs at the door. Meanwhile daddy was sitting in his recliner while the blessed Ms. Faye fried chicken livers for him and (of course) waiting for the 12 o'clock news. Priorities and all that. The girls are having lunch at a quaint downtown eatery and returning to the lob cabin for surprise ice cream birthday cake for Marian. 80?? And she drove here from Memphis!! Ms. Jeanne had to have help up the step and declined to sit down because she can't get back up. These are the women with whom my mother spent her childhood and it tickles me to death to be a part of that history.

A big storm came through and doused the wheat that didn't get cut yesterday so it'll be a few more days 'til they can re-group. The dairy barn doors have been repaired and there will be pictures forthcoming. It looks so much better with just that little touch. There was a pair of pure brass fireplace log holders that laid in the driveway just waiting for my youngest brother to take 'em back to VA because we have no fireplace...or propane. I miss cooking more than I miss the warmth so I reckon I'll have to get an electric stove and pay TVA higher ups a little more $$. Wouldn't want them to miss a bonus, you know.

Over and out. Got stuff to sling!!!!

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment