Sunday, June 16, 2013

up in smoke

It's hot ya'll...already stifling and it's not even officially summer. I suppose we've been fortunate to not have much but 90s for the past few years and I pray that this will be the same. Hopefully they'll get the fires of hell out in Colorado under control before the entire continent burns. Meanwhile, we're chatting real heavy about getting in the middle of ANOTHER civil war against a government that has Russia on their side. Now I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, but that doesn't sound like a smart thing to do what with Israel and all that mess in the mix. N Korea has settled down I guess, but I rarely listen. It's all pissy ass arrogant leaders showing what little dicks they have to rule in anger and force. As for the virgins in heaven, ya'll can just kiss my ass because there's no god in the world that will reward terrorism and murder with something that precious.

Money Mike and Brandi and myself were discussing funeral practices the other day since her baby daddy had died and the talk to cremation. He described his belief that when the body is burned it is returned to heaven as the ashes fly up. He poo pooed the sometimes christian belief that we'll all have our youthful pain free bodies in that house of many mansions. I believe that a large part of heaven is right here on earth and that the choices we make define how happy we are with what is. I know an elderly woman who has been a sourpuss all her life and only in the throes of dementia has she learned to let go and enjoy the moment. She even smiles now. That, my friends, is a miracle.

I ran into an old friend at the egg/doughnut capital of the 'burg and she had three little boys in tow as they trailed out to her daddy's van. We had a big old hugfest right there in front of the Camry while mom and daddy toddled in. The last time I saw her was post-Katrina when she got run out of town by the storm. She was pregnant with the youngest then and since it just happened to be my birthday she brought a random gift that I still have and enjoy. My gift to daddy was a clay pot of assorted favorites like vinca and petunias for him to keep watered..on schedule. He loved it. Mom's present for her special day was a hand picked bouquet from my yard. It's the little things that matter like macaroni art and hand prints. To be a parent is to know what it's like to put someone above yourself if you do the job right. And it doesn't go away either..it's a lifetime deal. Happy father's day to all you guys who have helped a girl out and been a gentleman about it.

Faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment