Saturday, June 29, 2013

my dearest paula~

I've been mulling over what it must be like to go all the way to the rags that you came from and it seemed to be that hers is a story of good fortune that was killed deader than a doornail by the media and corporate America. Personally, I've said the word very times in my life, and never as in like "colored is not as good as white." My formative years were spent in tandem with African American farmers who shared their lives with us. The history of this farm is rich with stories about the different families who have endured here for generations in the small community that is my home. There were schools back in the day and all of it was surrounded by the mighty Forked Deer. When my brother and I were researching we picked up quite a few clues about the land deeds over the years.

Anyway, back to poor Paula. Only Big Ernie knows what's in her heart and if she said the N word in a bad way shame on her. She has built an empire with her spirit and it would be a shamed for it to crumble now that she's more conscious of healthy eating habits. You can have some butter, just not all the time. The atmosphere here has changed more and more lately because of mass hysteria over every little thing. The future of our great country depends on a few politicians getting their fingers out of their butts and talking to each other about "their" people. The herd mentality is especially relevant as a hallmark of evil. If you ask me, and nobody didn't, we have been in code orange since 9/11 and it has backfired into an entire arsenal of secret weapons of which nobody knows who is in charge. No accountability. No transparency. That, my peeps, is why the civil disobedience that we are seeing more and more of is something we must foster in a peaceful way. If the cops don't have to track us down and make some money for their people, maybe they can do something more productive like crowd control. Heh..they say you want a revolution!

I made several bucks yesterday on antiques with more to come in the next week. I am determined not to let this stuff sit here and rot and have to walk around it endlessly. Right now there are two cedar chests and two twin beds waiting for pickup, all antique. There comes a time in life when you realize you can't take it with you so it's time to thin things out a bit.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment