Saturday, October 31, 2020

boo to you

It's another beautiful day and praise be.  I visited briefly with my brother and cousins at the cabin this morning.  Mo will be my designer!  Next up is a walk through of this place to figure out what I have to work with and what I sell.  All this should roll out after I have surgery.  We found a snake skin hanging over one of the windows which always creeps me out.   It was not unusual to find live ones in a drawer, back in the day.  Hopefully the new foundation will help with that.  I remember there was a skunk's nest right under daddy's closet that stunk that thing up to high heaven.  After they were gone, I believe.  We had a big sale and split the profits which wasn't much.  That was the extent of our estate.  To be able to go there again and start all over with my brand is exciting.  I see many more memories being made down there.  

I will have to find a home for Ellie I imagine because she would smooth get run over down there.  And yes, I will screen all potential fosters.  She is a four year old chocolate lab mix, spayed and chipped.  Loves to run and chase cars so she needs wide open spaces.  Maybe a shock collar.  Sweet as pie but very needy.  She is just beginning to grow into maturity but is not trained to fetch or anything.  Mostly she just barks at squirrels!

Reaves and Lauren are on the way and I actually had to go to the 'gentral to get candy.  Their chip reader was down so it was cash only.  That messed with my plans but it will all work out.  Thank goodness I had it on me because I sure wasn't going to town.  It was quiet as a tomb in there.  

I've really enjoyed this full moon and tonight should be glorious.  Not on Halloween since 1944 I believe?  We only got rolled once out here by the Autry family and never had trick or treaters.  There was a bulletin from the county yesterday that a trustee had disappeared from work at the golf course which happens to be in my back yard.  Oh, yeah.  I was locked up tight with dogs on patrol.  

There is so much loss and grief.  Everybody you know is going through the process of letting go , sometimes in fits and starts.  Other times suddenly.  I have always thought that losing a loved one abruptly like in an accident would be the worst.  No chance to say goodbye.  I learned with my parents to grieve along the way to their end.

Please vote for the candidate of your choice unless it's Kanye.  Then?  I will know you are not my friend.  Peace and love kids ^j^


1 comment: