Saturday, October 10, 2020

snake zero...poopie 1

I was walking my friend to the car yesterday and he spotted a little bitty snake all undercover on a root.  Now we are both scared of 'em so I grabbed the shovel and commenced to trying to chop his head off.  Sucker still kept moving.  I think Oscar finished him off.  Lord, I so hate a snake.  Even baby ones.  Stay away!

I did my morning run and came home to vegetate in my house on this gloomy Delta day.  Winds are up but so far not much rain..  We dodged a bullet on that one because beans are almost ready.  The wheat is planted as far as I know, after two passes on the cornfields.  It's time to put on warm clothes and watch it snow.  I remember vividly one time being on the road to see The Phantom in St. Louis with my KY cousin.  It started snowing pretty heavy around Cape and I was scared to death so we pulled off and got a hotel room for the night.  And then, I saw Phantom at the Grand in St Louis.  I have always been amazed by live theater especially in those historic venues like Orpheum,  That's where I saw Cats.  

I might get to see my girls tomorrow according to how the spirit moves.  I have decided to participate virtually with my church for the time being.  I'm high risk and looking at another surgery. Bubba is doing well and just "tired of being there."  I can relate, for sure.  Sally got hot dogs, cheese and steak and potato soup today.  She is antsy to return to normal like her daddy.

It's at times like these that I miss my parents the most.  They have been gone to glory for 5 and 6 years respectively and I was present but trying to process everything while working a full time demanding job.  I appreciated the practitioners that told he straight up what was going on.  These are the real heroes in my book. 

Y'all be happy and healthy.  Keep the faith ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment