Friday, October 16, 2020

home going

Bubba and I met at the cabin for a full on preview of the floors and whatnot.  O.M.G.  It is beyond beautiful and I felt the spirits of my parents watching over us as we ooohed and aaahhed. It has been a labor of love for a lot of folks to get it just right.  I doubt we will have Thanksgiving there because there's no table but I suppose we could order Cracker Barrel and stand around the kitchen with paper plates!  

The toilet works and the water and the heat and air.  Gas logs are in place and ready to fire up.  The porch is yet to be finished out but that's a minor detail.  There is so MUCH light down there.  Nothing like back in the day when Daddy watched it rain for days on end next to the steps.  I'm a geek for farm equipment so I had to get a pic of the new looking combine ready for bean season.  That's a whole 'nother story.

I washed my hair last night with baking soda and frankincense oil to strip off all the cheap shampoo.  It is wiry but clean as a whistle. Next step is a cut and some deep conditioning. It's time to check the mail and walk the yard.  Peace be with you and yours ^j^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment