Wednesday, October 21, 2020

out of the loop

I have always been totally hooked up with medical advice and diagnostic results at my fingertips.  One month into Medicare I find myself on the hamster wheel of trying to keep a pulse on my health with sporadic communication.  I know what the numbers mean.  Please don't confuse me by telling me I need this or that without explaining why.  I have an appointment tomorrow to get all those answers, Lord willing.  

The weather is beautiful!  Trees are showing out with autumn colors and nice sun to highlight the majesty.  I'm wearing shorts in October and there ain't nothing better.  I spent an hour online watching a fundraiser for Down's Syndrome in Charlotte.  My hero Kristin Hampton was one of many who were rappelling down an 18 story building to raise money for their cause.  She tried to chicken out halfway through after she raised 3000 bucks but then she talked to her friend Trista and she told her to be brave.  I would have been scared to death and she was too.  The others were scooting and moonwalking and otherwise having a good time for a good cause.   Happily, she made it down safely and thanked everybody and their mama'n'them for helping her raise 7K for Gigi's House.  Their philosophy is about achievement in spite of disability.  I love that!

Prayers up for all of us.  Everybody has something and some of us more than one thing.  That's when faith comes into play.  Keep it and hold it close ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment