Tuesday, October 20, 2020

reality check

I just watched NYPD police officials briefing the people on emergency preparedness for the coming election, beginning with additional staff on October 24th until whenever the dust settles.  I have already heard many tales about Trump poll watchers and intimidation and I suspect it will get worse the closer we get to election day.  This is truly scary on so many levels.  The fact that one party is orchestrating all of this is, while not surprising, a warning to all of us that it ain't over 'til it's over.  And then there's the transition of power if that happens to be the case.  That is what scares me the most.  A pissed off sore loser wanting to raise hell on the way out.  

The COVID is everywhere.  I personally know dozens who have been affected and several of them are fighting for their lives.  The thought of all these people dying without family present is quite sad, and I empathize with the caregivers who are doing their best to make it easier on families.  

I just got off the phone with an old friend who never ceases to make me laugh and that was today's therapy..We giggled and cussed and generally said eff it....it will be what it will be.  It's a beautiful autumn day and the leaves are approaching peak.  There's one tree that I can see from my kitchen window down the road that delights me every single year.  

Y'all be merry and bright.  I did some early Christmas shopping all from local vendors.  That's my motto this year:  Support small business ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment