Friday, October 30, 2020

learning to be still

This morning was bright and sunny and I enjoyed my time just watching nature.  I saw the turtle parents on their usual log and a squirrel run by close up with his mouth stuffed.  There was a duck or two and lots of birds.  And the sound of an autumn breeze on those wind chimes is a real soul filler.  

I have very few tales to tell today.  Still tired a bit and trying to make it through next week to find out what's up with this little bag thingy.  It's beginning to bother me even though I've pretty much figured out the drill on supply management and disinfectant wipes.  When I first got it I was anticipating having to empty it a lot but as time has gone by I can figure what's comfortable to tote around and what's not.  And sometimes I can smell it when nobody else does.  At least I'm alive to tell it.  Dr. Drew Bedford Turner of Baptist Surgical group:  Thank you for saving my life.  I'm trusting you on this one too.

I know my critical thinking skills are still good because I can map my way around town and know the easiest route and traffic times.  I HAD to get dog food so I went to the shady gentral.  Y'al should have seen this old white lady dragging a bag of Alpo and hugging bottles of Propel.  Plus some Cheetos.

As a wannabe writer, one of my heroines is Janet Evanovich.  The Plum series kept me laughing for a lot of years and I hear there's a new one!  Hint. Hint. Santa Claus.  I expect to be recovering at Christmas if all goes well.  Who knows with the china virus.  *tongue in cheek*  I am searching for peace in a time of extreme political turmoil like most of you.  Judging on the past four years we have experienced, two wrongs don't make a right.  I'm reading FEAR by Bob Woodward and reliving the whole "how this came to be" scenario.  Fascinating.  Trump inherited a solid eight years of great leadership by Obama.  Yeah, he made some mistakes but for the most part he tried to repair what happened with Dubya and Cheney.  WMD and whatnot.  Meanwhile we got ISIS stirred up wanting to be sacrificial lambs for glory.  And OUR US troops came back with nightmares that will never go away.  Same for all active duty situations.  You can't un-see what you saw.  

I am such a Pollyanna that I actual believe in healing of the soul.  It's a different path for each of us but it happens according to the plan.  And that, my friends, is the key to peace.  It is what it is ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment