Sunday, November 1, 2020

hymn of promise

I watched the All Saint's Day service on my phone this morning and was mesmerized by the reading of all those names and candles lit one by one as the list was read solemnly and respectfully.  There were single bell tolls in the background as each name was read.  It is a very moving service for those who have lost someone dear.  I remember taking Mama to Daddy's and then KK showing up to sit with me for  Mom's.  I also distinctly remember sitting with Donna Locke on the one for her Mama.  The look on her face as she peered toward heaven through the stained glass was enough to make me believe in the mansions up there.  I choose to believe that my parents are saints and are smiling down on the way my life is moving.  Cabin.  Beautiful three year old grandchild with the family name.  

I've been avoiding politics of late because, um...you know.  I passed a real live Trump rednecknation mobile in town today with flags flying proudly.  You say you want a revolution?  Hide and watch kids.  Two days.  Win or lose, at least we will know what we're dealing with.  This year has sucked on many levels and I fear that we are doomed unless somebody stops the madness that is hate and retribution.  Jesus don't like that at all.  As for me, I just turn the other cheek and play nice.  

In other news, I still have about 20 something percent in the propane tank so I'm steadily paying it off and watching the needle. The tank has sunk down into the ground to where I can't really see the numbers.  Mayberry and he both got paid a portion of this month's bounty.  Gotta' pay it back to those who floated you.  

Be blessed and happy wherever you are or whatever is going on.  There is a plan and it's out of our hands.  Go with the flow and show gratitude ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment