Wednesday, December 20, 2017

wet and dreary

The dull gray of the past few days finally turned into full on miserable and rainy.  This is one day I'm grateful to be stuck in the house.  The pain is still there and probably made worse by the crummy weather, but I'm improving slowly.  I go in and out of the sling depending on the pain level to keep range of motion going.  

Except for the internet, I'm pretty much cut off from the world and I'm losing track of what day it is.  My Mary Engelbreit wall calendar keeps it straight.  A new one for 2018 is already hanging as I look ahead to baby new year.  One of my fondest memories is when we dressed Tommy up in a diaper and paraded him around Gaga's house as the new year child.  We also put dixie cups on Millette's head.  Fun times!

My routine has settled into a comfortable one where I go down early and wake up around 8 or 9.  By then the pain med has worn off and it's time for a half.  The critters are so used to having me here that they will freak when I go back to work.  

Y'all give me a heads up if Trump launches any new missles and I'll head for the basement where the snakes live.  They should be asleep by now.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment