Saturday, December 16, 2017

on topic

I can tell by the traffic on here that recovery from shoulder surgery is a pretty boring read.  There's only so much to say without whining which is not me.  Well, maybe a little.  I discovered today that my check was short so thank goodness I didn't go wild with the Christmas shoppping.  

Debridement of a joint is sort of like major housecleaning with tools to scrape and mend.  My shoulder was so full of fluid that the nurse noticed it was swollen in pre-op.  The doc found it as soon as he cut!  That's part of the process....washing out that fluid so that the joint can be seen and repaired.  I will not lie.  It is a very uncomfortable procedure that you don't just have on a whim.  I was in some pretty bad pain and I see why now.  

Trisha came by last night with a plate of homemade food and a care package from Jackie.  People have been so good to me and I really appreciate it.  To be a single gal in the country and not able to drive gives me a taste of what my parents went through.  They depended on us for rides everywhere during the last five years.  Mama even called a cab one time!

I need a baby tree but ain't really motivated to get out and buy one, ya know?  It's just me here and I've got the nativity scene out.  That's what's up in my book.

^j^


1 comment:

  1. I think only a nativity scene is just perfect for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete