Sunday, December 24, 2017

then one foggy christmas eve

Lauren and Reaves got here mid afternoon yesterday and all three of us were in the bed together by 8, plus the two dogs.  I cannot describe the feeling of waking up in the dark with all these blessings right beside me.  Reaves sleeps like a champ and is a very good baby.  We got up around 4, played a little and went back down until 8:30 where we did it all again.  

After she got good and awake we busted out the two toys for her that sat under my little tree, both of them with lots of sounds and lights.  She LOVED them.  Thanks to Uncle Chucky, Aunt Vicki and Aunt Mamye for that.  Lauren brought me a new flavor of Hempz lotion and she got the usual ME calendars, per my mother's spirit.  Reaves is back asleep now I imagine while Lauren watches documentaries about murder.  Yep...she has a dark side.  We watched the last episode of Handmaid's Tale together early this morning.  I do so love the ending.

If you are at the mall or Wallyworld, I feel ya and praise your bravery.  It's been a week since the sun was visible and today looks like more of the same.  I'm grateful not to be traveling but cozy in my home instead, surrounded by my loves.  I had to use the sling this moroning to feed Reaves but I had already figured out the right position even before surgery.  It's been hurting that long.  

There's a beautiful antique three quarter bed in my living room that will belong to Reaves when she gets some years on her.  It belonged to her great grandmother and came back to me in quite a serendipitous way.  Shout out to Tracy and Hannah on that miracle.  I'll use it until then as a spare.  

I'd like to shout out to my work peeps and say Merry Christmas and thanks for covering my back
arm these weeks post op.  I knew that it would create a hardship and offered to wait until the week after Christmas.  I am, however, glad that it's done.  Second time around has been much tougher, I guess partly because I'm 3 years older and it wasn't an "acute" injury.  Just a big old joint full of goo. 

Ms Mary Crawford, grandmother of my ortho APN died just a few weeks ago.  I mentioned the sad part when I was in her office the other day and she shared a picture with me of the table and things that she got from her grandma.  We both agreed that she's where she wants to be but that picture brought tears to my eyes.  

The Thanksgiving ham from the DCHS baseball team was so good I bought another one and dayum is it good.  It's the kind of thing you can't eat too much of because the smokey flavor will give you heartburn.  Thus, I was mixing up a cocktail of baking soda at our 4AM rising.  

Things don't feel sad anymore.  It's only been a week since Lauren and I have a teary conversation on the phone about Christmas past.  We will always have that, but I'll take this any day of the year.  

Faithful ~


No comments:

Post a Comment