Sunday, December 10, 2017

just a slinging

Third day post-op is supposed to be the worst and I am still pretty wonky but not hurting.  The dressing is off and I'm hanging out in the sling.  Work just flew over and I'm grateful not to be on board.  I am in my own little world here with folks checking in and out.  Patrick went to the store for me before church.  I knew I needed something new to watch and got a taste of The Handmaid's Tale" at Regina's so I promptly got HULU and that's my entertainment for now.  I'm missing my girls pretty bad.

Got a certified letter announcement from the IRS yesterday like I don't know that I owe them my refund.  Take it off the top boys.  I'd hate for Trump to miss out on a buck for his wall. I may be crippled but i'm still full of snark.  

Pain has been minimal thank you Lord.  My voice is squeaky so I'm not sure what that's about except maybe intubation?  Plus my eyes are swollen.  Probably all expected after surgery.  There's a lot of bruising all the way down my boob because it flows south I reckon.  I can't imagine how bad it would be had I not laid off the NSAIDs for a week.

Thanks for all the encouragement and prayers.  Last night I successfully and safely washed my hair in the sink and took a sit down bath.  It was heavenly to be clean!  The world is twirling without me and I'm perfectly okay with that.  

Peace ~

No comments:

Post a Comment