Wednesday, August 30, 2017

flash flood watch

My house sits high on top of a hill which is great during floods except there's only one way out and it normally gets covered with heavy rains.  It all drains downhill and ends up standing at the end of the lane.  If we get the amount of rain predicted I'll probably have to drive through standing water to get to work and may not be able to get home.  But hey...I'm not a gonna whine.  I'm not perched on some rooftop waiting for rescue or sitting in a flooded shelter.  The Camry rides low to the ground if you know what I mean.  My lug nuts are rusty from all the going to and fro through said flood water.  Thanks Harvey.  You have gotten our attention.

Which brings me around to Joel O'Steen.  Nobody from the city of Houston "asked him" to use the 16K seat church as a haven so it didn't dawn on him to offer it up like Jesus would do.  Now today, he throws out the theory that social media whipped everybody up into a frenzy about that oversight by the flock.   Nobody to staff it, he said.  No supplies, he said.  There's probably enough coffee and doughnuts in that place to feed the entire state of Texas.  I am disappointed, but not at all surprised.  It's how the Elmer Gantry types roll. As for Cruz, he's an outright liar and as much as I despise Christie, I'm proud that he called him out.  

If you have a truck and get a call from Samaria Bend Road tomorrow, that means I need a ride through the water.  Holla.

^j^






1 comment:

  1. They had so much food brought and volunteer workers that they yelled "Uncle".

    ReplyDelete