Friday, August 25, 2017

modern day problems

As I've mentioned before, I'm not tech savvy....especially with a phone.  Some time ago I created another page by mistake and it's gotten all wonky with me trying to log into the real one.  I fought with it yesterday until I got the laptop back where it needed to be but the phone is a whole 'nother story.  Looks like I'll have to visit the ATT store tomorrow.  

Somehow I just managed to hit a key while typing that turned on cursive.  And then POOF it went away.  I definitely need to hone my skills before I launch that website full force.  Today was PT day again with Fred and we watched Harvey barreling toward Texas while I did isometrics and he did strength training.  By the time I laid down for mobility I could barely lift my arm!  He told me all kinds of hurricane and Florida stories while we did our respective things.  Kind of like being in a gym only I was the gimp pushing the wall.  My favorite part is the ultrasound and soft tissue work.  

We got to visit with baby TJ today and passed him around like the treasure that he is.  He is a beautiful child just like his mother and his mimi.  Reaves will be up next followed quickly by Lisa's and Kendra's then Natalie and Janie.  Lerd!  Lab puppies everywhere.  

The weekend is mine and the weather looks good here.  I visited Texas once and actually went to South Padre when Lauren was about two.  We drove 18 hours nonstop with Aunt Nez and Lauren in the back seat.  Oh, and by the was Aunt Nez had no legs and was on diuretics.  All I can say is that we were younger then.  I pray that the folks in the warning area were not stupid enough to make things worse.  Either be prepared or haul ass.  You've had the time to do both.  I totally respect the decision to make evacuation non-mandatory thus keeping rescue workers from as much danger.  At that point all you can do is hunker down.  

My prayers are with these people and with the rest of our country where we struggle with no real leadership to survive a somewhat crazy world.  Riders in the storm.

Be safe and give somebody a hug just because ^j^ 


No comments:

Post a Comment