Monday, August 21, 2017

rare light

My day began early with a six AM alarm which is an hour extra, thank you God.  Lorna and I loaded up the crib and headed for Jackson. She played wonder woman while me and the one good arm did our part.  I left screwdrivers just in case help comes around.  

We had plans to view the eclipse at Grubb's Grocery and actually showed up early only to be told that free glasses were only available after 12 to the first 30 customers in their deli.  I bought 20 bucks worth of oil and we headed back home with two items that Mike had hauled over there Saturday. It was 94 degrees at 11:45 with a heat index of 110.   I drank lots of water and we had a honest conversation.  Sam stopped by to help with laundry duty.  

As it turned out I experienced the great event right here on the farm with Mamye.  There was no total blackout, only a subtle change in light that was like late afternoon only right after lunch.  I feel really bad for those folks who traveled far and wide.

This week's agenda includes two PT treatments and a tooth extraction.  That should be loads of fun!  I should prolly load up on naproxen and take omneprazole or drink baking soda in water.  So far chair yoga is working.  

Heads up folks.  There have been many earthquakes in Missouri recently.  This is the New Madrid Fault and the Mighty Mississippi.  Any questions?  Google Reelfoot Lake.  Best crappie and eagles around.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment