Wednesday, August 23, 2017

phishing forecast

I'm getting a lot of random phone calls from all over the country that are "not ones I know."  Of course I don't answer them but it pisses me off  because i have to  make the effort to autoreject.  The whole thing reminds of scammers like Prince Fred.  Anybody remember him?

At the time I was totally smitten with a guy, single and cruising Yahoo chat rooms for fun.  The prince would talk sweet to me with falling hearts background and asked for my address so he could send me something.  A few days later some flowers arrived with a teddy bear.  He asked if I received them and I said yes.  Bingo!  Destination fraud.

Within a few days I was receiving packages daily containing all kinds of high dolla' stuff like cell phones and cameras and size 13 flip flops from Nordstrom.  I made a phone call and found that it was all put on a credit card, but not mine.  Sooo....then I called the cops.  The prince had sent me a UPS label by email to an address in Nigeria to which I was supposed to ship the stuff.  
The law came and he pretty much told me the stuff was mine if I wanted it.  Instead I packed it all up and returned it on MY DIME because it was the right thing to do.  This really pissed him off.  Dude started threatening me and even called my work on that operator assisted deal where they type and you listen.  She advised me that it was a scam.  Later I heard it happened in Covington too.  Bless all our little hearts.  UPS loved me that day.  

I'm stretching constantly, not to the point of pain but loosening up my body.  There is nothing like self treatment when you know where it hurts.  That thunderstorm yesterday cooled things off quite a bit so it's not like an oven anymore.  Lerd, it was miserable.  

But that was yesterday ~


No comments:

Post a Comment