Monday, August 28, 2017

pain + gain

When I first started therapy on my shoulder Fred told me specifically that the goal was to do the exercise just to the point where the pain began.  If it hurts, don't do it.  He gave me a test today which I failed miserably because I couldn't remember what all of them are.  I do what I remember but the old mind doesn't retain everything anymore.  There was a new one today involving a swooping upward movement that is a good stretch but a bitch on the way down.  That one I will remember.  I chilled with the therapy department listening to the chatter between the OT and another lady share stories about a social worker named Boss.  

My phone was blowing up and one of the messages was from my friend Chucky.  I knew he was in LA with Monica's family and checked to see if they were leaving.  They're headed to FL while Daddy stays behind to help friends and family for a day or two.  Then he will join them.  Harvey does.not.play.

Everybody's all being armchair quarterback on how that many people got stuck in the water.  The number one reason is that it would have been mayhem evacuating 4 million people in a day.  After all that eclipse traffic we sure don't needs millions hitting the highway in Texas.  IN the rain.

Water and food are priorities during a search and rescue mission.  So are volunteers.  What I see happening is a coming together of kindred souls trying to help each other out with no regard to race, creed, sexual orientation or political party.  And no Trump....you can't take credit for that.  It's what we survivors do in spite of your hideous so called leadership.

The sawmill was decent for a Monday and now I'm not listening to the white noise of constantly running centrifuges.  I met the family of a co-worker which was delightful.  They never knew what she really does until today!!

Y'all be kind and gentle.  In the end, that's what matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment