Friday, August 4, 2017

all good people

TGIF to all ya'll and your mama and them.  I can tell you a lot of stories about miracles and I will someday.  Just not right now.  A friend sent me a blessing today out of the blue which came at just the right time.  Other friends gathered 'round the oblong table for chat.  It was a nice day all in all.  

My daddy died early in the morning of August 4th 2015.  All the family was around and his funeral was "not bad" for the middle of summer.  My friend called me extra early to tell me he was gone and Tommy picked Mama up for the final goodbye.  We had already planned that she would know she was there at the end.  Well played brother.  To the entire staff of 2 North I say thank you for taking good care of my parents at the end.  That includes several doctors like Ategbole, McWhirt, Caylor and Lanier.  What followed was a much bigger challenge.  Mom moved to the home surrounded by all her favorite stuff.  Our little tribe visited her often and her favorites were Tracy and Kerry.  That's a whole 'nother story.  

I'm beginning to let go of all that which is pretty normal around the 2 year mark.  We all have to grieve, ya' know.  Lauren and Reaves are napping as we speak.  Tomorrow is pedicure and shower day thanks to an anonymous benefactor.  After that Oscar and Sam get flea pills and we'll pay the rent.

Blessed ~

No comments:

Post a Comment