Tuesday, March 18, 2014

in the wilderness

I can feel every cold day of this winter in my bones and joints and the load is getting a bit heavy. I'm not normally a "hurry up and change the season" kind of person with the exception of sweat drenched July when I dream nightly of a cool front with thunderstorms just to cut the humidity. I didn't even swim last year which is unusual. There's just too much going on and I'm working more so laying in the sun takes a back seat to tending chores and paying the bills. For the past three months I've had electric ONLY bills that I've never seen outside of the dead of summer. That doesn't count what I owe propane guy (yes,again...it was cold). I did however manage to get rid of several shark loans with my tax refund. There are more yet to repay but hopefully I'll stay on my feet long enough to get it done. If there was ever a girl in need of new tennis shoes, it's me. BF bought the pair I'm wearing from Thanksgiving two years ago by sending gift cards.

It's spring break week for a lot of folks so everybody's on the road to the beach or whatever their destination. That never was a factor to me and mine because when BG was out of school, we just had to pay a babysitter instead of head off on a ski trip. I've learned by people watching that the ones who put on the biggest show of wealth and glory are the very ones who would be nothing without the grand prize egg. Love of self must be strong enough to look up and ahead but humble enough to never forget the road traveled.

So far it's buttercups only which is unheard of around here. No forsythia,or even quince bud has dared to pop open afraid that the winter that never ended will strike again. I'm beginning to feel the flow for my life rather than fighting events as if I can change them. Shit happens.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment