Wednesday, March 12, 2014

and then the repo guy came

I totally keep expecting somebody named Bubba Wayne to drive up with a tow truck to get the little black Dodge Neon that has been dead for months and shall soon be scrap for somebody. This is the car that carried BG back and forth to UT Martin for three years while she worked the graveyard shift at a local hotel. Had it been me, I'd have given up way before the degree was awarded. Her dad and I filed into the UTM field house for that special day which included a boat load of teachers and two little rows of social workers. A BS, in fact for each of them there...some getting MASTERS even. I remembered my own graduation from UT Memphis in '77 and how I almost ended up becoming a Shelby county resident when offered a job prior to graduation. It didn't work out that way and I applied at the local county hospital beginning work two months after graduation. That was 37 years ago and I'm still there.

My washing machine which is about five years old bit the dust this morning and I'm just grateful it didn't leak while it was dying. I'll be shopping ASAP for one because I do not want to lose the momentum we have here on keeping the Casa clean. Shannah and I have managed to accomplish quite a bit and keep it that way even with kids and dogs and whatnot. I have color in my hair for the first time in eons and can't wait to see the gray ones gone to brown. I've spent most of my life trying to be blonde when it's really just plain old light brown that looks natural. And the cut she does is awesome!!

Since it was warm and all yesterday we grilled burgers and hot dogs and gobbled 'em up without buns even. It didn't take long for the six of us to make a happy plate. There are buttercups up everywhere now and the crocus open up on warm days of which today is not one. The appliance purchase was quick and easy but I missed my regular sales guy who recently died. I reckon 5 years for a washer made in this day and time is about par. Delivery will be late today and tonight looks like wash time! The piles are waiting. Shannah gets her ride back today also. Life is good.

Having a songfest with Kid Rock. Hope ya'll are well!




No comments:

Post a Comment