Sunday, March 16, 2014

guess who's coming to dinner

BG called today to say she'd be home tomorrow in time for supper with the tribe. It's amazing how we eat with all the different schedules of our jobs and trips to daycare and baby sitters. We have managed to get the kitchen clean and halfway keep it that way, even with a baby in a high chair feeding the dogs who circle around waiting for a dropped bite. Daddy and I hit the dolla' store after eggs and doughnuts and I picked up some ingredients for a recipe that's been hanging on the 'frig for a month. Cheesy chicken pasta...num num! We talked about the funeral and stuff and stopped by the DQ for dilly bars and mama's lunch. She plays hooky and listens to a book when it's raining on Sunday mornings. I don't blame her!

It's cold again, windy and rainy as well. Possibility of snow on the day after the last of the LAST event melted up next to the barn! Nobody knows where the plane is, of course, and I'm really tired of hearing about it until there's an answer, which is doubtful. I follow Michael Yon online and have during the entire span of Iraq and Afghanistan and his most recent posts have been from Thailand showing much civil unrest. Malaysia? Makes you think about the "Left Behind" series. If that was a self fulfilling prophecy I'll apologize in advance for not reading past volume one.

So what else? I totally didn't realize David Brenner was 78 and it made me sad in remembering how funny he was. Tomorrow is St. Paddy's day and Rita had green doughnuts in her glassed in counters at the shop. I watched while this cute guy ate and flirted with the waitresses and various kids sat quietly with their parents inhaling pure sugar. All in a day's journey, I say.

Keeping the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment