Wednesday, April 24, 2013

thunder road

I woke early this morning to see brilliant bolts of lightning across the southern sky, probably right around Halls. I love having my windows where I can see what's going on outside even if I'm just laying there chillin' with the dogs. I've found that unless I sleep with my neck supported and somewhat UP the entire next day will be spent working out the kinks. Sometime after the storm came up the wind blew open the dining room door by the little bitty porch and when I got up it was almost an asthma attack. Thank the lort I have an inhaler for such times. As for the kinks, they're still there waiting on a yoga session. I've even learned to pop my own back!

Today was the annual volunteer breakfast at work and I didn't make it to give the Gaga award but that's okay. I just don't have it in me anymore to be a cheerleader all the time. My grandmother was working there in admissions when I started as a young med tech and later moved to the ER where she was ward clerk until she retired at age 70, mandatory per company policy. After that she jumped into the volunteer program as a pink lady working tirelessly in the gift shop with another woman and fussing the whole time over who was in charge. She died there in the intensive care unit at an old age with a whole waiting room of family taking turns at her side. The matriarch, if you will. as the oldest grandchild, I was her favorite I think though she never showed any partiality to any of us. The more the merrier, she'd say. She had this groovy aluminum Christmas tree with the multicolored light wheel, very sixties. She became a widow at age 45 and spent many years traveling and having a good time. Then it was back to work. When the money runs out, what's a girl to do?

Here's a mental pic for ya'll.. In BG's bed, a young mother sleeping with her baby boy and Sophie the puppy. It's what's there right now and I swear it makes me go "awwwww". I have a couple of days off before weekend sawmill duty so I'm really looking forward to long sleeps. Being able to do that is what saves my old ass from dying of fatigue! Sammy D has taken to staying on my bed much of the day and that worries me. He has a limp that comes and goes and I don't have a clue what that's about. Vet isn't in the budget. And then there are the two girls that need to be spayed. I should start a non-profit dog fostering network and earn money at home. Maybe when Sugardaddy comes around.

I'm terribly glad not to have TV right now and be spared exposure to the MSM except for my choices via the web. Ten years ago I couldn't have imagined it. I read today that many MANY senators are hearing from their constituents on the background check thing. As ya'll know, I just had to pipe up to my own, like it will make a damn bit of difference in this state. I will tell you exactly what happened to the Democratic party in Tennessee...the Ford family. When TennCare was first put in place by then Governor Phil Bredesen it was an answer to prayer for many people. Then the middle men who saw a buck to be made, like the Fords, started up operations that preyed on the government program disbursing healthcare and childcare funds. It didn't take long for it to turn into a giant albatross around the state's neck due to mismanagement of contracts and greed. It is still abused to this day by practitioners who hand out drugs indiscriminately and feed the street traffic for a co-pay. Medicare is the same way. There will always be those who will work the system for their own personal advantage.

Phone will be on but silent. Leave a message at the beep ^j^









No comments:

Post a Comment