Wednesday, January 2, 2013

survey says!

I tend to be on the liberal side (shut UP) but I do read moderate pieces of journalism and even some mildly conservative stuff just to get a feel for what's out there. Though I like HuffPost, I get information from other sources just to make sure they're telling it straight. And usually? They are. Every headline and piece that I read today from every outlet talked about how pissy this whole fiscal cliff deal is and how we are especially mad because the evil one didn't allow a vote on aid for Sandy victims. Said they could wait a month now that they had "caved" to the Dems. That made him unpopular with his own people who are from states that were ravaged by that storm and with pretty much everybody else in America. I mean, puleeeez. For a minute there I thought I was seeing Dubya getting off the plane in New Orleans to survey Katrina two days after it happened. Last I saw, and this was early in the day, his orneriness was about 80% down in polls. Time to look for a second career dude. Maybe Mittens can hook you up with a holding company CEO position.

One of the upside treats of no cable is that when we watch something there is an actual ceasing of activity because it's a movie and there's a plot. BG found a copy of the Expendables in her dusty corner and we watched it in awe at all the bad boys together in one single adventure story. There was a lot of violence, but in that vocation it's a way of life. You can only watch so many chick flicks, even if you're a girl. There are several that we know by heart like Bridesmaids and Sunshine Cleaning, Fried Green Tomatoes and Steel Magnolias. And then there's that trusty season 7 of Weeds. A contractor came by today to replace the missing window in our bathroom because it's DAMN cold in there with only one pane. I tend to get up to pee several times during the night like old ladies do, and that seat is like ice when my butt hits it. One of my favorite quotes from mama is "One day you'll look back at this and laugh." Perhaps.

Ya'll all know what malaria is right? I learned today that the drug resistant strain of that parasite is running rampant in Asia. The doctor who set up practice in that area of the world back during the eighties saw the disease go from one that was easily treated to one that has mutated to where current pharm therapy is beginning to fail. His biggest fear is that this resistant sucker might reach Africa where healthcare is so minimal that it would be a major WHO event. Sometimes I wish I didn't know what I know about science.

Is it Friday yet? Keep the faith ^j^



^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment