Sunday, January 6, 2013

snowdrops and crocus

I'm a big pussy when it comes to the summer heat and every year I try to remind myself that warmer times will come...too much so, with humidity. It's just a reality of southern living that necessitates lots of allergy meds and central air if you can afford it. Otherwise, you're shit out of luck. We are in a temperate growth zone where the planting season starts in late Aprilish and doesn't end until November. Sometime in the next few weeks I expect to see the early bloomers, bulbs carefully planted years ago with faith that they come back. And they do! They are planted next to a flowering quince that starts up in February. A quick walk of the yard today was brisk and enough to know that it's not showtime yet.

Eggs and whatnot was a lovely affair as usual. It took them a while to figure out booth or table so we ended up crammed into a booth with her fussing because she needs to be on the outside. And that would be why? We freaked some poor gal out at the Dairy Queen trying to figure out what the flavors of Dilly Bars are. FYI..it's all vanilla just with different coatings. As we drove away she declared that she wants heath coating next time. Oh.My.God. Somebody shoot me now. Daddy has a cardio appointment this week which will most certainly include a stress test to see how much damage was done to his heart when he had the big fall. Not too sure that will happen, but you can only do so much when someone is competent to make their own decisions. My daughter knows without a doubt what kind of odds I consider to be reasonable and would act accordingly as my advocate. That's pretty huge. My parents are DPAs for each other with myself as secondary to both. That means that they've got to make up their own minds what's up.

I just got a pop update about protecting an Android device which I don't even have, but thank you anyway Avast. I've still got an old school slider that has tiny letters to punch manually. Hey it was a freebie two years ago. I'm seriously considering not to get a free IPhone upgrade just because it's more than what I need. Reckon that's why there's chocolate and vanilla. I haven't "looked" at the news today because it's all bad. Many years ago my brother and his wife were beat reporters for local news channels and they have spent their recent lives telling happy and inspiring stories. "If it bleeds it leads" doesn't happen in their little valley. I'm in the framing biz here for three prints of an old house that will probably be moved one more time for posterity. And for me? That would be a miracle.

^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment