Friday, January 11, 2013

losing control

This my third day without celexa and it shows. Not to mention that I'm broker than I've EVER been in my life ever. We have no food, just enough gas to get to work and back and try to stay busy. My salary is the only one that is consistent and it's not enough because of the huge hole I'm in. Robbing Peter to pay Paul and cashing in cans is a way of life. It's been a long hard road since the big money of the eighties. Funny thing is, most of the folks who had it then still have it plus more. Me? I'm sittin' here trying to figure our what to sell. If I didn't know that so many others have it so much worse, I'd be suicidal. Our friend got her electricity turned off yesterday after the landlord kicked out a family member for being a drunk. The (step) had it all cut off and she's going from church to agency trying to raise enough money to get lights back on along with the water. Two kids and her. There's a special place in hell for people like that.

We had a meet and greet with the newest member of our little "village" today and my brother and I were totally impressed with her professional attitude. Lots of experience and a very nice lady. She'll be working in tandem with Ms Faye, bless her heart, so maybe things will get a little less hectic. He took me to lunch and we watched a couple next to a corporate jet checking it out. No doubt that was theirs! It's Friday, fish day of course. Great white beans too. Then we meandered around delivering the pictures that I took for some old friends and taking in the view over the very top of the hill. It's breath taking in any season, but especially so now covered in a blanket of green wheat. The air is warm and breezy but the rain and cold are about to return with a vengeance.

The very thing about their situation is that they are trying desperately to control the ending of their lives and it doesn't work. If I knew I'd be gone tomorrow, I would just sit there and have a beer and enjoy life. I cannot tell you how many random trips I've made for everything from bandaids to shaving cream over the past 5 years. We found ourselves telling D about how we got from here to there and she knows the entire history of how we came to be and still are. It's a classic piece of American history if there ever was one. And I have tearfully begged my daughter to not let me do that to her. As long as I have a comfy place to crash and somebody to share chores, it's all good.

Other than that, I'm oblivious to what's in the news. I did hear that we don't get to file until Jan30th, I guess so they can hold onto our money a week longer. The economy has collapsed literally under our feet and the high rate of unemployment is an indicator that corporate America does not respect the citizens whose jobs have been outsourced. Buy local, ya'll. It's what the cool kids do.

Over and out from the lane ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment