Friday, January 4, 2013

epiphany

I distinctly remember the first time a minister managed to help me understand that it's not over after December 25th. Hearing that the wise guys took the long way to visit and arrived late, I could totally relate because that's how I live life. I can make lists all day long and bullet point the hell out of details but I'm not much on following through. I suppose it's the idealist in me. Life is so much hustle and bustle and noise that sometimes it's hard to find just a quiet moment to reflect on blessings. There's so much background noise at the sawmill I'd love to have some nice headphones. That way I couldn't hear the phone ring. I can see us now, me and all the lab peeps, doing a flash mob and totally getting away with it. Sometimes, that's what it takes to shake things up.

The thermostat has crept up to 60 and there's warmer weather coming so that's all good. We honestly tripped a breaker last night using an electric skillet to grill turkey sammiches with the heaters running. You can't make this shit up, ya'll. BG does have a paying gig now with money going straight into our mutual pool so that's a HUGE blessing. There's still the three people two car thing but I'm thinking it'll all work out. I mean, what choice do we have??? The grands are hanging in with Ms. Faye the angel and the rest of our village as couriers. James Frank lives right across the road from them and gets to take daddy to the dollar store and or pharmacy on a whim. Yep..he's the one that took him by boat for a doctor's appointment during the big one.

It's been too cold to break down barnwood but I see that changing which will give me an opportunity to broaden the asparagus bed a bit while I'm out. Poor crowns are all scrunched up in a ten foot space and not thriving. Kinda like myself. Happy weekend! Time to call my mama..no wait, the news is on. Maybe later ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment