Friday, January 18, 2013

freaky friday

Okay ya'll, you know you're old when you take advantage of a $2 lunch for the "over fifty" set. As part of our sawmill's PR, we invite the folks around town to come to a meet'n'greet once a month or so with the smiliest person around these parts entertaining them. And no, dear Lord, that would not be me. I just get to eat cheap. Today was our first experience of getting three people to work in two vehicles and it worked out as I expected which was fine. I'm used to being dropped off now anyway because that has been our routine the past few months. Her new client is an elderly woman across the river who is hospitalized right now but will be going home soon. As we were riding home together she told me about a social worker friend who got KIDNAPPED while on a home visit...yikes! She thought she was a goner and then all of a sudden they dumped her and took off. Found her car somewhere down the road abandoned. She told BG that she felt sure they were going to kill her and changed their minds. Thanks Big Ernie ^j^

Keeping in mind that you can't make this shit up, she wandered to bed and me to my little haven for the winter. What was once a spacious office in the living room has been crammed into my bedroom for the duration of the cold spell. Like my mother before me, there's always gotta be a command central. I guess it's just the control freak/editor in us. She still sits in her recliner ruling the world! They seem to be adjusting to extra help so that's a plus. I talked to my old friend the undertaker yesterday just long enough to catch up on the state of things and put a class reunion shout out in place. There will be no more making of booklets or hauling of yearbooks for everybody to peruse. Simple, funky fun with no pretense. At one party me and an old guy friend sat in the undertaker's driveway thinking beer and talking 'til 4AM. And that was just the first night! Better living through chemistry, ya'll.

I'm totally pissed off that Islamic extremists seem to be proliferating like baby bunnies while we sit over here and fuss because it might cut the oil supply and upset our fragile collapsed economy. To HELL with them. We do not need their carbon. We've made way too much of a mess with it already. Know what the funny thing is? When Al Gore sold to a middle eastern media outlet, nobody batted an eye. Conspiracy! Truthers! All I can do is shake my head in disgust and hope that I live to see Bill O'Reilly have the big one on TV. Right now on my top ten list are two Kentucky politicians who want to play hillbilly with the gun thing. You know what? To hell with that too. What I see is our society crumbling in spite of the best efforts of a lot of forward thinking people. So what if we've already melted the Arctic. We can and will do better or die trying. Hint: one of 'em's daddy was one of the few Republicans who voted against increased military spending in the Middle East. Yeah. He's a real doozy.

There's a new fence ordered but so far Pride is still wandering in wheat. Honey..that is the least of my worries. I've got to figure out how to get to work all next week!

Ya'll have a good evening ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment