Monday, March 16, 2009

new blood

I've been to two funerals in three days and I've gotta just say that it can get depressing at times to keep the faith. Sort of a heavy load. Today I took a break (off the clock, of course) to give my old friend LPT a hug right before they sang his brother into heaven. As always, acapella or on tape. Not the way I wanna go, if you know what I mean. My dear friend, the little general has expressed a burning desire to go out with a choir suited up in hot pink robes and lots of wailing over the casket. Somehow that makes more sense to me than lining up politely in suits to pay respects to a dead body in an expensive box.

Some of you random readers might remember that DirecTV pulled a fast one on me last year by running some sort of unauthorized bullshit on my debit card. The bank finally came through about three months later but now I'm being dogged by a debt collection agency somewhere in Iowa. As Hoss would say..."And so it goes." The sun will come up tomorrow.

^j^

2 comments:

  1. Tell 'em they can't get blood from a turnip.
    xxoo and more hugs for your friends. Sorry for the funerals.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell them to contact your lawyer in Texas, that he's got a nice big shotgun with their name on it. Damned fools....
    I agree with the whole choir in hot pink, but do they have to be wearing robes, what about hot pink hotpants.....lol....
    Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete