Tuesday, January 19, 2021

quiet observation

It never ceases to amaze me what a day will bring.  I found out early this morning that Ellie was adopted on Sunday and her family has already sent pictures to the shelter that will be shared with me.  Hopefully I can strike up a friendship with these folks and watch her grow and be loved.  I owe a great debt of gratitude to Diana Griffith and her cohort Brooke for making this all happen.  And I hope there are kids!

Before I went out to paradise, I did a Kroger and bank run for my other client.  Inside the bank lobby I saw an elderly woman who (all masked up) had come up there to find out her balance.  Now, I'm assuming she doesn't know any other way and she also asked about shredding checks which they do once a year in October.  I can't tell you how many old checkbooks and registers I have burned over the years but I probably contributed a lot of smoke to the ozone.  Many of the elderly do not understand anything technology wise and as we all know, that's the way of the world now.  The gentleman waiting on her was kind and patient and I doubt she'll remember the shred date if she's even alive then.  Dear Lord please, don't let me be one of those without an advocate.

Further on down the road, I noticed a guy pacing back and forth in front of the Kroger fuel center waving some kind of book and yelling.  He was either a street preacher or somebody else with a cause but he stayed at it for hours.  My brother works there and said he left about 2.  Dude was on fire for something!

After that I spent a few hours in paradise and it was a nice day to be out on the deck.  I watched as folks cleaned yards and uncovered what will be spring.  There are little blades popping up at the cabin which may or not get covered in snow.  We shall see.  

Hug somebody and hold it for a long time.  That's the best therapy ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment