Saturday, January 30, 2021

tales from a bag lady

Here's a warning for you...if the mention of poop causes you distress DO NOT read this post.  I have had multiple accidents during the year that I've had an ostomy.  Thankfully they were all at home, or close to.  I use a three piece apparatus with an adhesive barrier, bag and clip for the bottom of the bag.  If any one of these things malfunctions I get a pile of poop.  The most common thing for me has been the clip or bag coming off and leakage around the barrier.  The bag tends to fill up with air while I'm sleeping and we do what is called "burping" to let the gas out so it doesn't explode!  If you don't lock it back real tight you get what happened this morning.  The whole damn bag fell off when I was getting up to pee.  I know, that's TMI.  

I went back to the cabin this morning to put a quilt on that bed and hijacked a bag of ice I took for Christmas.  My left side is feeling the pain from yesterday's fall all the way from shoulder to knee.  I'm glad I'm on Prolia and mega Vitamin D because I landed hard on that hip.  Oscar is all up under my feet now because he senses something is going on.  He has visited there once and ran around like it was doggie heaven.  I usually leave him outside when I leave here but down there he would "terrorize" Smoochie so I'll have to alter that routine a bit like leave him on the back porch.  

It hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday when I pulled up and saw the mailbox finished, complete with numbers.  There have been a ton of folks involved in restoring that place including the foundation guy from out of town, Greg Collier Plumbing and  Heating and of course Johnny Keeling and Billy Clark, the mainstays of carpentry and restoration.  One sunny day, we will all gather there and christen the house that we watched evolve over three years.  I'm considering making a registry somewhere like Target or WalMart cuz I figure this is a pretty big deal like having a baby or getting married!  JK

I started reading Rick Bragg again this week and this latest one is a compilation of short stories which are my favorite.  It takes a really good book to keep me going all the way to the end.  I see myself as a short story writer here on this blog.  I attempted NaNoWriMo  exactly once.  I don't do well with deadlines plus who can write when you're working full time and taking care of elderly parents.  And even as I'm writing this post, I'm doing ten other things.  No wonder I get lost!

Peace be with you and yours.  Love deeply and unconditionally.  It's what Jesus would do ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment