Friday, January 15, 2021

snowing sideways

We watched in amazement at the first snow of the season blew across the lake at paradise.  Gusts were up to almost 40 mph which made for some interesting patterns.  We ate and chatted and hung out with Pearl and read some books and watched Kelly.  Lawd...we love her!  And the whole time I could hear the wind howling around that deck.

My friends delivered the bed that I bought from them today and we had a nice visit at the cabin.  True friends are the ones who love you like chicken and will be there in a heartbeat.  They are dealing with a whole bunch of drama themselves so it meant that much more to me.  

I am praying for a peaceful transition of power.  In the words of my Daddy and Billy Yates, "it has always been thus and so."  Sorry I missed that chapter.  In my lifetime personally, I have never witnessed anything like it and I'm a boomer who thought she had seen it all.  Trump's latest tiff is about being compared and contrasted to Nixon.  No comment.  It would ruin my mood.

Lauren and Reaves are on the way to spend the night and pizza is ordered.  I had to hit up the shady 'gentral to get snacks and art supplies because I have her all day tomorrow.  This is a first since she became a big girl.  

Y'all play nice and just enjoy the wonder a day brings.  As for me, I'm going to plan garden 2021.  There will be lots of plants here there and yon.  Especially on that back porch.

Peace ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment