Tuesday, January 12, 2021

road dogs

It hit me today when I came home this afternoon and there was no big beautiful brown dog running through the yard to greet me.  She is gone to another home somewhere, hopefully where she will be loved for the sweet girl that she is.  .  I had to go by the vet's office today and pick up her records for passing along the chain of doggie adoption.  Oscar was down visiting his girlfriend when he heard my car coming and raced me, alone, to the house.  He went straight for the water, and then to the recliner.  Dude does not have to fight for the space now.  

The long lost ostomy order arrived today just in time.  I was down to one barrier and a few bags.  That ONE has been traveling in my purse for a year as an emergency backup.  I actually read a book today and was surprised how quickly I got lost in it.  My friend and I sat there in the sun reading our respective books in silence.  That's a nice feeling.  On top of all the other bullshit going on, 'tis the season for depression with dark gloomy days.  I can tell they're getting a little bit longer but it's gonna' take a lot more sunlight to get me out of the valley.

When I woke up this morning there was a soreness around the gums where the extraction was done two weeks ago.  My young dentist humored me and examined it, with me paranoid about the possibility of necrosis.  He assured me it was fine after poking and prodding at it for a bit.  He's so nice and calm it ain't even funny.  Just like you want a dentist to be.  My thoughts are always "just get me through this."  My life is in your hands at the moment.  I will be thinking the same thing when I meet Dr. Turner at Baptist East.  You did it once dude....I trust you this time too.

Everybody's on full alert with protests scheduled in all 50 states.  I am more and more for televising the inauguration from an undisclosed location with tight federal control.  These people don't play.  The conspiracy theories are swirling.  I just want it to be over, like COVID.  I feel helpless and scared a lot.  I ran off without a mask today and stopped by Headlines to get two new ones before a drive through at Daylight Doughnuts.  There was a bank run, Kroger pickup and a 'gentral store visit.    I usually go to the shady one because it's on the way to town and easier to navigate.  

Y'all be blessed.  Tell mama'n'them I say hey y'all ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment