Friday, January 8, 2021

captain

While yakking with Mamye about the past 24 hours, she helped me figure out who that ghost Navy guy was out there by the mailbox referring to The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.  From what I know the Captain was visible only to her and came by for little conversations from which she wrote his autobiography.  Now I don't know about y'all, but as a writer I totally love that idea.  So we named him Captain.  I could certainly use another character to blog about!

We saw a beautiful small group of cardinals on a tree by the deck today.  Lots of females with dots of bright here and there.  I just looked at her like "well, there's our sign" for today....right behind yesterday's cat.  I could go hog wild imagining that cat climbing that tree eating birds but I'm not that morose.  I take the fleeting moments of joy as they come.  Hey Mama!  Hey Daddy!

Evidently the dogs followed the Captain last night because I couldn't find a sign of 'em this morning.  I went out to drive around, turned around at the cabin and was headed home when they appeared out of nowhere in the field.  I drove slowly home with them following and they both sacked out after watering.  All nighters are tough on a dog.

Y'all hang in there and keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment