Monday, January 25, 2021

thunderation

I learned that song about native American culture at girl scout camp.  It was a favorite because we got to shout!  We had a bit of a gully washer here today and I watched it as the lake moved with the motion of the storm.  Evidently right after a hard rain is the perfect time to fish because some guy was out there at it.  

It had slacked off by the time I left for town thank goodness.  I drove through standing water to get out this morning which is, I must say, much easier in a higher up vehicle.  No telling how many flood trips that old Camry made over the years.  

I haven't bought a book in years since the days I walked festivals with my buddies in Nashville.  That's where I got to know Clyde Edgerton, Lee Smith and a whole lot of others.  You can drop 200 bucks in a heartbeat.  I bought kids classics for Lauren like Polar Express signed by the author.  I saw Larry Brown publish a darkly accurately story of rural America.  He came to his session drunk  and when I read the book Joe I understood.  He died a short time later.  All of this is to say this....I ordered Rick Bragg's new one today plus a colorful kids popup tent.  Hey...you can't take it with you.  These are immediate needs for my sanity!

When I checked the mail there was another book there delivered for my friend Hippie.  It's something historical I think.  I have talked to LP twice today and it's nice to hear her a bit more rested.  Maybe not by miracle, but she dodged a bullet.  I am so proud of her I could just die, but then that would make her sad.  *snort*

I have lived to see the ozone destroyed by a greedy oil industry which has fought like a cat to knock down natural sources of power.  The industrial age has not been good to us or delivered what we knew as children, even.  I get it:  if I want to stay warm or go I have to have gas but there are soooooo many other options out there in alternative fuels.  How about milo ya think?  It's a start.  Solar panels.  There is a huge market for renewables in our day and time.  If goes goes to 4 bucks a gallon because a pipeline was shut down, I will pay it.  But I won't blame it on the Democrats.  

Peace out kids ^j^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment