Wednesday, January 20, 2021

what i'm liking

There is so much to chat about these days that I don't know where to start and, frankly, the muse is tired.  And so is everybody else.  It lifted my spirits to see America united once again at least for a day.  That's not just because I'm a snowflake but because the drama of Trump's exit strategy was putting us all in danger.  Am I surprised that he flew off to FL before the proceedings?  Not at all.  He had a few fans wishing him well and pouring on the love but nothing to compare with the elegance and dignity in DC after he left.  Let's move on.  Together.

I sat on the deck today watching a flock of ten Canadian geese on the lake moving from one side to the other peacefully doing their thing.  Not much honking, just a lot of gliding.  That made me go "wow."  Me and my buddy enjoyed a Sonic blast after hair which was a rare treat.  She looked at me while we silently enjoyed the ice cream and said "Are you tired?"  I told her yes that I'm tired all the time.  She can relate.  I do my best to be her sunshine and have fun during the time that we are together.  

Lauren had strep last week and now Reaves has it.  If it ain't one thing it's five.  My dear friends lost the last of their four parents today in a whirlwind of three COVID deaths and one by natural causes over a six month period.  Four people and two estates to be settled.  Talk about overwhelming.

I am finally reading the book Joetta and Paul loaned me back in the spring "Where the Crawdads Sing" and I am hooked, looking forward to my couple of chapters a day.  You know how when you really understand who the characters are and from whence they came?  It's like that.  

Ellie has her own little girl now, I think two of them.  I saw her pictures today and she looks right at home.  I know that I did the right thing there and I am grateful for the community of animal lovers that made it happen.  Paws2Care.  Excellent network of finding homes for fur babies.  

Peace out and ride the blue wave kids ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment